So, tomorrow is Valentine's Day. KSL and I have never been into Valentine's Day. I know....we're dull and boring. It's just that we have this aversion to feeling like we have to do something to prove our love to each other just because everybody else is doing it. So, normally we ignore the day and just go out on our regular date night. We try to show each other we love each other every day - not just February 14. Don't get me wrong. I think it's great that others make such a big deal out of it. It's just not our thing.However, something got into KSL this year and he decided that we should at least try to commemorate the sentiment of love. After a little discussion, we decided to go eat sushi (Blue Hashi - the best) then check out a movie. Not very original, I know, but remember we haven't done this Valentine's Day thing very often so we're a little inexperienced.
At the sushi restaurant, who should be there but the salesman we met at Bedroom Expressions last weekend who talked non-stop for 30 minutes with Kent about the Super Bowl, then followed us around the store wanting to chat, chat, chat. Guess what? He still wanted to chat, chat, chat. Fortunately, he's funny and engaging so it wasn't as annoying as it could have been. It just wasn't very romantic, if you know what I mean.
We drove by the theaters, but nothing really sounded good. And at $8.50 a pop for tickets and another $15.00 for popcorn and a drink the movie has to at least sound good.
We sat in the parking lot of the theater for a moment. What to do? We could walk in the mall, stroll around Barnes and Noble, or.....go home. "I'm tired" KSL said. "Me too", I replied.
So, here we are - the two of us. He's watching Hannity and Colmes yell at each other about the Stimulus Package and I'm.....well you can see what I'm doing.
I guess we could always try again for a big romantic something tomorrow. But I'm not too confident that there'll be much difference in the outcome. So far, the day includes cleaning the church and going to Wal-Mart to buy groceries. We'll need to make a trip to the library (my books are a week overdue) and we'll probably get a hamburger at Dixie's Diner.
But actually, now that I think of it, that sounds pretty fun. As long as I get to do it with KSL it all sounds pretty romantic to me.
Happy Valentine's Day.
aw shucks. we have never gone "out" for valentine's day. too much hassle and pressure and nonsense. we stay in with something special to eat and maybe some movies. this year we are going to costco. yahoo.
ReplyDeleteThat sounds like fun! Maybe next year I'll follow your example and just stay home. You're right - too much pressure and nonsense.
ReplyDeleteYou had me going there for a minute with the whole KSL thing...I thought you were talking about the tv station in Salt Lake City. Don't despair. Our Valentine's Day consisted of a visit to the temple at 7 a.m. (good choice for the day actually) and then preparing for the romantic dinner for the teenagers who still believe in Valentine's Day. I should have invited you and KSL over for a conversation hearts fight.
ReplyDeleteThat's funny - I never thought of the KSL thing! Jarom thought it was funny that I referred to Kent that way once so I chose to do it here. A conversation hearts fight sounds dangerous. Maybe we'll invite you over at Easter for a Peeps fight. That would be safer. =)
ReplyDelete