Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Shopping Despair



I have just spent a lovely two hours out shopping with my beautiful daughters. They were quite successful. On the other hand I came home in despair. Is it something about being middle-aged or is there just nothing to wear? I slipped into Christopher and Banks. A purchase there would have made me look as middle-aged as I feel. I followed the girls into Wet Seal and everything there is designed for 15 year olds. Ice cream might have made me feel better but when the temperature is 2 degrees it's really hard to get too excited over anything but hot chocolate.

Where are the clothes for us in-betweeners that don't want to look like teenagers but don't want to look like frumpy middle-aged women either? I don't expect an answer. I don't expect there is one.

So, I gave up on clothes and bought a lovely new comforter for twenty dollars. Really! Twenty dollars. And a lime green decorative pillow for my bed. I love it so much. I just wish I could wear it.

2 comments:

  1. There are no places for fine women like us to shop in Idaho Falls. Haven't you noticed I alternate between the same two skirts on Sunday? Here's a thought...I hear Michelle Obama gets most of her clothes at Target. Maybe we should try that. Or not. We might end up looking like we glued something together at the last minute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure there are things to wear, just not in this town. You always look lovely, by the way. Even though we have typical stores, Dillards, Macys, etc., they are small and have limited offerings. It's entirely frustrating.

    ReplyDelete