Monday, March 2, 2009

School Days

I thought the other day about how tired I get of doing schoolwork this time of year. No, it's not my schoolwork - it's Joshua's. But it sure feels like mine! Homeschooling requires a little extra effort. OK, homeschooling requires a lot of extra effort. But it's so worth it! We have a great time with it and the best part is that he's actually learning something.

I call it homeschooling, just because we do school at home. But he actually goes to school online through K12. He has real teachers, live classroom via the internet, and lots and lots of learning experiences.

Someone asked me the other day if I was concerned that homeschooling prevented Joshua from getting the social interaction that he needed. I said, "have you actually been IN a junior high school lately?" That kind of social interaction is interaction I can do without. Yikes!

So, we like it. It's not for everybody. But it sure has been great for us.



Click to play this Smilebox greeting: Homeschool Fun
Create your own greeting - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox greeting

No comments:

Post a Comment