
OK, so we like peanut butter at our house. I wouldn't say that we like it any more than anybody else, but we consume our share of peanut butter sandwiches. When Joshua's friends are around, we probably consume more than our share of peanut butter sandwiches. So, one would expect that we'd have an open jar of peanut butter in the pantry.
But could someone please explain to me why I have six - count 'em, six - open jars of peanut butter in the pantry? Apparently the peanut butter peeps at my house think that peanut butter isn't any good unless it's brand new and never been opened. So, if there's a new jar of peanut butter in the pantry it gets opened. Even if there are five other already opened jars ready for bread and jelly.
Therefore, I'll let you in on my new secret. I'll be hiding new jars of peanut butter in the laundry room until the old jars have been eaten. Seeing that no one ever goes in the laundry room except for me (a blog for another day), the new jars will be safe and I'll have room in the pantry for something other than half empty jars of peanut butter.
So, you inspired me to go check out my own pantry, and guess what I found---4 open jars of peanut butter! What is up with these kids? It must be a conspiracy to make the parents crazy. I will follow your lead and hide the peanut butter, but not until they eat what they have!
ReplyDelete