
It's kind of funny this time of year here. We have a couple of good, spring-like days with temperatures in the 60's and people go NUTS. They're flocking to Home Depot and the nurseries, buying all kinds of plants for their gardens.
(I confess, I'm guilty....)
Then it snows. Just like it did on Sunday.
And the funny thing is - we act like we're surprised about it! It's like, People!! How long have you lived here!?
Which is why my little tomato plants were placed in portable, inside-friendly containers. Like a topsy-turvy. I've never done a topsy turvy before, but since I am a tomato freak (the greener the better for frying), I decided to try it. What I didn't realize is how doggone heavy that little topsy turvy would get with all that dirt in it! So, when I brought it in from the patio I had to figure out a place to put it. The only place I could find that would hold it was the front room closet. So, there's a tomato plant hanging in the closet in my music room.
And that, folks, is how you garden in Idaho.
No comments:
Post a Comment