Saturday, November 21, 2009

In the Spirit of Thanksgiving




In the Spirit of Thanksgiving\\

Clink on the link and watch the video. See if it inspires you to think on what you're thankful for - I'd like to hear about it.

In the meantime, here's my short list of things I'm thankful for:

1. Parents who love each other, love me, and did all they could (in spite of my best efforts as a teenager to make them completely and totally crazy) to give me a good start in life.

2. Children who challenge me, make me angry, make me laugh, make me worry, but overall give me every reason to be extremely proud of each one of them for the people they're becoming (in spite of my best efforts to force them into what I want them to become, which probably really isn't what they were intended to be after all).

3. A husband who loves and supports me, makes sure there's Pepsi in the refrigerator, drops me off and picks me up at the back door of the hospital so I don't have to drive in the snow, does the laundry, doesn't feel the need to thump his chest and be a big macho guy and reminds me to laugh and have fun (in spite of my best efforts to take myself too seriously).

4. A Savior, Jesus Christ, who knows my heart and loves me anyway and never gives up on me (in spite of my best efforts to be stupid and prideful).

And other miscellaneous things:

5. Chips and guacamole
6. Two water heaters - so I never run out of hot water in the shower
7. My iPod. Would I not have LOVED having one of those when I was 13?????
8. Cats who get that their purpose in my life is to sleep on my feet.
9. Happy's Chinese restaurant. A lifesaver on a Thursday night when cooking seems on the same physical effort expenditure scale as climbing Mount Everest.
10. A library card
11. Reed's Dairy milk delivery

1 comment:

  1. ---bright, healthy, beautiful, happy children (cliche, but true)
    ---a husband who knows exactly what he wants in life and does exactly what he must to achieve it, sans glory and thrills and lucre.
    ---flannel pajamas
    ---diet coke
    ---the internet
    ---a simple life in a small town with wonderful people who make winter seem a little less miserable.

    ReplyDelete