Saturday, November 14, 2009

October Goes



The month of October flew by and here it is already halfway through November. It seems that so many things have been going on that I haven't had a chance to post a blog. But today I'm nursing a cold/sinus infection and I refuse to go out in the cold, so this is a good time to catch up.

The first weekend in October found me watching General Conference and crocheting a baby blessing blanket for Katie and Matt's little one. Thank you, thank you to my mom and Aunt (Miss?) Margaret for teaching me how to crochet. It is such a fun hobby and I was able to learn from them the skills to create this lovely work of art. It is soft and cozy and I can't wait to wrap up my first little grandbaby in it!



The following week was a milestone for Joshua - he got his braces off. What will I do now that I don't have to make payments to an orthodontist!! Here he is before...



....and after.



Every year at work the hospital volunteers have a Tree and Wreath Auction. They give every department a wreath and we can do what we want with it. I was nominated to create our wreath for Nursing Administration and, after several internet searches and looking through books, I decided to create a "Southwestern Christmas Fiesta". I think it turned out really nice - if I say so myself.



And, finally, Halloween (and Katie's birthday) was soon upon us. We had a fun little birthday party for Katie - including a supper of Worms and Blood Sauce (spaghetti), Salty Bones (breadsticks), and Pizza Mummies. I sponsored a pumpkin carving contest for Joshua and his friends that was very messy and very fun.



Finally, October brought life lessons that have been difficult - getting used to change, struggling to keep the faith, and always remembering that it is more important to be kind than right. Life is good. Family is most important. And summer is short, so never waste a moment of it.

1 comment: