Sunday, September 20, 2009

Why?



Top ten things I haven't been able to figure out this week:

1. High school English teachers who think that using the "B" word to a sophomore English class is OK.

2. Journalists who can't spell, don't know where to put commas, and make possessive words out of plural words (Example: "I changed the pillow's on my sofa").

3. Nosy people.

4. How to get wax off of carpet.

5. What to do with 3 bags of green tomatoes.

6. What to send in a school lunch for a vegetarian.

7. Who keeps using furniture polish on the organ bench at church, making it a risky proposition to slide across the organ bench to play.

8. People who commit to things then back out at the last minute, thinking that a simple phone call to you will redeem them, then being offended when you ask them to make some phone calls to find their own replacement. I mean, REALLY!

9. Algebra I. I didn't get it when I was in 10th grade - I don't get it now when I need to help Joshua. Thank goodness for coolmath.com

10. Why no one can empty the litter box but me.

2 comments:

  1. Here are your answers...

    To questions 1 and 2: even though you THINK the people to be qualified to have these jobs should have a working, functioning, brain...they don't always.

    To question 3: People obviously don't have enough to do in their own lives so they have to look to others. (Maybe, it makes their empty lives feel more complete).

    To question 4: Just replace the carpet. You have been wanting to... might as well now. - It will save you time by not having to worry about the wax.

    To question 5: Um... FRY them... FOR ME!!! You and I can have a fried green tomatoes party... and watch the movie too! What a fun girls night!

    To question 6: Make him a bologna sandwich and I bet he will be so hungry he will eat it and realize how wonderful meat really is. It will create a cure!

    To question 7: Refer to the answer for questions 1 and 2.

    To question 8: You are the relief society president. Didn't you know that you are suppose to do YOUR job AND everyone elses? Hmmm... well, if you didn't before you do now. "To live with saints in heaven is bliss and glory to live with them here on earth is another story."

    To question 9: Isn't Dad good at that stuff? Algebra I... even I don't have an answer for that.

    To question 10: refer back to question 8 and replace relief society president with Mommy. And replace saints with family.

    Aren't you so glad that you have a brilliant, ornery, pregnant daughter to answer your questions? You are welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I'm so glad you answered all my questions! And, of course, you're brilliant because I'm brilliant. I can answer everyone else's questions (I just make up the answers). I just can't figure out the answers to my own!!

    ReplyDelete