Saturday, January 2, 2010

Just for Katie - an update to the blog

Katie (a.k.a. Mommy-To-Be) said I needed to update my blog. And, lately, when Katie says we need to do something we all get it done. (Don't argue with the Queen of Hormones.)



Therefore, here is the update.

The tree is put away and, while I'm still vacuuming glitter off the sofas, Christmas has come and gone. We're under a foot of snow which is a good thing this time of year, but I do know that it will be about 4 months before we see the grass again.

Sigh......

Given that it's a New Year, full of hope and promise, there are just a few things I'd like to happen this year, if possible.

First, I don't want to hear any more stories about Tiger Woods, his wife, or any of his erstwhile acquaintances. That goes for Michael Jackson histories, pictures of Kate Gosselin, and....could I possibly hope.....Nancy Grace?

Second, I'd like to be able to actually open the door of the closet in my piano room. I know you have a closet like this - it's where everything goes that you don't know where else to put it. Currently, it contains:

1. Back issues of National Geographics
2. Stacks of music
3. Boxes of scrapbooking, craft, and floral supplies
4. Sewing patterns
5. An old turntable and about fifty LP's
6. Primary chorister visual aids, posters, etc.
7. Jarom's trumpets (two to be exact), a guitar case, and a dulcimer case
8. A two foot stack of old cross-stitch patterns.
9. A large basket of miscellaneous cables, cords, and accoutrements that we have collected from various electrical devices over the years.
10. The vacuum cleaner.

I'm going to get it cleaned out. It might take the whole year, but it's going to happen.

Finally, I'd like to be able to look back a year from now and say, "2010 - that was the year I made a difference". There are so many opportunities. Which to choose?

2 comments:

  1. LPs!!! I remember those. but just barely ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, you'd be too young! They're very "vintage". I just wish I had a needle for my turntable so I could play them. =)

    ReplyDelete